Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hebrew Write the Room


Writing in Kindergarten should be a fun event! Over the past couple months, I've heard a lot about an activity called write-the-room. Basically, write-the-room is a secular activity where students search the room for hidden words and then write them down on a piece of paper using a clipboard.

It sounds like a blast to me! It gets the kids up and moving and also helps them practice their writing skills. 

I decided to create a Hebrew version for my class. I figured that I would make a write-the-room activity for each letter learned. I may not use all of them, but being prepared is never a bad thing. 

For each letter, I created two pages of "Hebrew words." Most of these words are actually nonsense (but some of them are real). I feel that nonsense words are OK for this activity, because the objective is not to learn Hebrew vocabulary but just to practice writing Hebrew

Side note: I created these activities with the assumption that the students are learning the Hebrew letters in alphabetic order. For example, the activity for aleph only uses the letter aleph--- yet the activity for tav includes most of the Hebrew letters.  I created the activity this way because I didn't want to overwhelm the students by having them write letters they haven't officially learned yet. 

ACTIVITY SET UP: 

Print out the activity you would like to use and copies of the recording sheet



Cut out the words and tape them around the room


Set up the clipboards and pencils

Enjoy! 


Here is the link to the printable: Hebrew Write the Room


B'ahava,
Elana


No comments:

Post a Comment