Monday, July 18, 2016

Aleph Bet Twister

When I was a kid, I loved twister. It's like making yourself into a human pretzel--what kid doesn't love that?

The other day I was thinking about the concept of twister itself. The game was designed to help students learn their colors and practice their large motor skills!

I've had many students who love to be active while learning Hebrew. They love playing twister, so I thought I'd try to give it a Hebrew twist.

Here's what I did:
We had just finished learning the letters vuv through tet. My students and I wrote each letter on a different piece of colored paper:

  • vuv = red
  • zayin = blue
  • chet = yellow
  • tet = green

We then taped down the letters to their appropriate square and began our game. We used the regular spinner to play.

Before the students could move their body, they had to say the sound of the letter that was on the designated circle. For example, if you were to spin left hand red, the students would need to say the sound the letter vuv makes before moving their body!

It was so much fun. The students also wanted a turn to spin the wheel, so they had me play too :)

Extra challenge: teach the Hebrew words for right, left, hand, and foot.




B'ahava, 
Elana 

No comments:

Post a Comment